Monday, May 2, 2016

From Pentatonix to Youth Conference

This week has been full of many events.  London and I started it off with a girls trip to the Pentatonix concert with our good friends, Kristin and Chelsea.  It was so fun!  I wasn't expecting to love it because I just haven't heard much of their music, but it was amazing!! Their talent almost had me in tears at times. The concert didn't start until 8 pm with 2 opening bands so these girls were TIRED!


All of the kindergarten kids came out with these butterfly headbands on and drinking "nectar." It was so cute.  I just love his age, I wish I could freeze time for him.

 First year playing soccer. Tim is his coach which makes me happy to know he is in great hands.  Tim really has enjoyed it too.

 Von on the "scales" of the fish slide at the park.
We had a little mishap.  Von broke London's retainer.  That was a $300 oops.  At least she got a blue/green sparkly one to match her sparkly pants.  There's a bright side to everything right?

I finished off the week at Youth Conference.  My first as Young Women's President. It was so fun.  We took them up to Overton to do a ropes course/zip line and a service project at the Clark County Fairgrounds.  Painting horse stalls!  It really was great.  I was mostly impressed with the amount of kids who bore their testimony at the closing fireside.  It went on for about 2 1/2 hours and it could have gone longer.  What great youth.  I love to be a part of it and I love this calling! Here I am with Maria Kirklin and Annette Christensen.  I love these ladies and we all wore matching Desert Valley Audiology jackets because they make great rain jackets and we needed that!!

No comments: