Monday, December 12, 2011

Spain Table

We had this fabulous dinner for our Relief Society and the theme was Christmas Around the World. Each table was decorated like a different country and I signed up to do Spain since Tim served his mission there and we have lots of cool stuff. All the tables looked so beautiful and I was really bummed that I had forgotten my camera so I decided to recreate the Spain table at our house. And since the table looked so great I HAD to cook the cuisine to go with it. We had our appetizer platter of manchego cheese, kalamata olives, breads, and of course the meats of salchichon, jamon serrano, and chorizo cantimpalo. Then there was the tomato salad and last but not least lentil bean soup that cooked all day and made my house smell so great. If you've never had lentil bean soup there is a fabulous recipe on allrecipes.com under sausage lentil soup and be sure to add a splash of balsamic vinegar to your bowl before eating. It adds a great zip.

So here's the table





Here's the appetizer platter



Here's me and my little sous chef in our matching aprons.


And pretty much every time I turned around this little dude was digging this bowl out of the cupboard and putting it on his head. I thought it was a great contribution. :)

No comments: