Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hooray for 10K!

Tim and I are running the Las Vegas half marathon in December so I decided it was time we got our rears in gear. We signed up for the Fireman and Policeman 10K Fun Run last Saturday and it was really fun. It was very well organized and actually a very pretty run if you can believe that of Vegas. I finished in 57 min. and Tim in 61 min. Not too bad. One thing is for sure, when you enter a race, you realize how many people are in so much better shape than you. The fastest lady finished in 41 min. and then turned around and did the 5k that started one hour after the 10k. wow! Anyway, it was a good start to our training and a good way to judge where you stand. At least I can beat Tim right?! :) In his defense he didn't even train so he did great to do it in just over an hour. Oh and thanks Aunt Kate for babysitting at 5:30 a.m.!!

1 comment:

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Go Steph and Tim!! That is awesome you two are going to run the marathon together. I really wish we lived in the same city so I could have a running partner!