Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fresh Air!


The Las Vegas heat can be very suffocating, so when my Uncle Randall invited us to go camping last weekend we were more than happy to attend. We went up to Mt. Charleston and it was refreshingly chilly at night. I even had to dig out London's Idaho jammies!! She did really well. I was nervous about how she'd sleep in a tent, but she went right to sleep and didn't wake up all night. She loves the outdoors, just like her daddy! I like them well enough, but the whole squatting in the woods thing and pulling a HUGE beetle out of my pants almost did me in :) Randall's dutch oven cooking was WONDERFUL and made the whole experience worth it.

4 comments:

Texas Jacksons said...

Fun, I wish Tyler was more of a camper. He just wants to watch espn. Beetle in the pants huh, I would have loved to see that!

Monica said...

yeah, that's what real mountain men look like. ar ar ar.
did you take time to discover what nature sounds are at threshold level?

Texas Jacksons said...

I got her some molds and they work great, but she sometimes pulls them out, or if I forget them it is annoying. I just had her hearing checked too and she's good to go. Thanks Steph, if I have any questions about it I know who to bug now.

Monica said...

Where's the half marathon? We just might be interested in getting remarried again. HA HA