Tim and I and a bunch of friends drove down to L.A. for the Galaxy vs. Barcelona game. It was a great game. 93,000 fans were there to support. Needless to say we didn't get out of the parking lot for about three hours after the game, but I guess that's part of the experience. Here's a few things I found interesting about the game.
1. Everyone booed when Beckam had the ball, until he made this amazing goal, then all of a sudden he was the hero of the game. It's amazing how 93,000 people can be so fickle.
2. The fans around us were so RUDE to each other. This one lady came running out of the stands to push these two girls, who were standing up at the very bottom of the bleachers (not in anyone's way) over. Really weird.
3. Some guy in a visor (which is fine if you wear one, but it might just mean you can't offer fashion advice) yelled at this super cool looking kid to sit down and take his ugly shirt off (his shirt was very in style). I turned around and said "Oh, this coming from the guy in the visor." He looked right at me, but I don't think he heard me, but why did he have to pick on a guy who was just minding his own business?
4. The girl sitting next to me came in like ten minutes late, took one look at my purse that I had sat in her spot, then glared at me and said in a very snobby way, "These are OUR seats!" She then proceeded to be pretty annoying throughout the whole game to other people.
5. Eva Longoria was there at half time promoting a group that supports Latinos with cancer, but I don't think many people realized who it was just because there was so much other commotion going on. But I thought it was neat of her to come and promote such a great cause. She was the eye candy for the men because there was plenty there for the ladies!
6. And for those of you who want to hear about the actual game, it was great. Barcelona looked a ton sharper than L.A. and had much fancier foot work, but that's to be expected.
Sept- iPhone Pics
3 weeks ago